Ugh! Writing is hard...or is it?

16 months!

It's been 16 months since I've blogged.

Pretty horrible if you ask me.  It's not that I haven't been writing or that I've wanted to write.  I'm not sure what my road block is.

I'd like to say it's because I've been focused on other projects, which could kind of be true.  My buddy Chris and I have been doing the wrestling thing.  Writing matches and posting them here: http://acw.boardhost.com/.  I say kind of because that hasn't actually happened in a while either. Not for lack of trying on either of our parts though.

See around last Christmas Chris had something go wrong with his eye, which has made it difficult to see, let alone write.  We go back and forth posting our matches, so unless he posts I can't.  Like a good friend should I've been waiting for him to get better, which hasn't happened.  He's dedicated to start writing again which makes me hopeful.  He could probably tell you better here: https://talesofthedeadman.blogspot.com/2016/11/to-write-or-not-to-write.html

I don't want to sound like I'm letting all the blame fall on him though.  That's definitely not the case. If we were on hold for ACW stuff, I could've easily found something else to write.  My book for instance.  Like most writing projects I've had I don't think I'm that good.  So I wrote quite a bit on it, which I've posted here on this blog, but never finished.  Why?  Because I feel like it's horrible so I haven't finished it.  The problem is I want to.  I thought it was a good story.  I've had a lot of good feed back.  In my own mind I feel it's awful, so I've lost motivation to work on it, let alone finish it.

Chris and I, even though he's been unable to write, have been brainstorming other writing projects. With the aforementioned eye issue, he hasn't been able to get started.  Why haven't I?  I could've easily put ideas down without putting them out there quite yet.  I've had some good ideas for it that would be no problem to get down and work on refining until he's ready.  It's not like I need permission to write from my writing partner.  I'm sure he'd be the first to say so.

Finally I have my blog.  A place where I have free reign, and need no permission from anybody.  The blog belongs to no one else but me.  So what's stopping me?

Work?

Not really.  I have time at night or on off days to put something down.

Brooke and the kids?

Nope, Brooke is nothing but supportive of me taking time to myself to write.

I really just need to get out of my head that I'm not a writer.  I'm sure lots of others, more talented than me, have felt the same way.  Some of those people are probably published writers.  I may not be the best, but I enjoy it.

The only one stopping me is me.

Comments

Post a Comment