That's What I Call Dedication

Recently my there's been some changes at work.  Nothing bad, it's actually a good thing in my opinion.

I used to work out at the Arco desert.  It was a good place to work.  I loved the people I worked with quite a bit.  It was the commute that was a killer.  The Arco desert is about fifty miles outside of Idaho Falls.  I would have to be up at 4:15 to get ready for work, so I could catch the bus about an hour later.  I'd get to sleep on the bus, so that was okay.  I would then work  four 10 hour shifts, so three days off a week, not to shabby.

Recently my boss made some changes in the structure of our team and needed someone to cover one of the more high profile buildings in town.  He chose me as the best candidate.  I take this as a show of great confidence in me to cover the building the Lab Director resides in.  It's also been nice because it cuts me down to nine eighty shift.  I work 80 hours in nine days, so every other Friday off.  I actually really like it.  It feels like I have a ton of time in my day after work.

I've taken advantage of this, and the fact that I'm still on an early bird schedule, and started getting up at 4:45/5 a.m. to get my workouts done, which really seems to work well.  I don't have to worry about getting it done at the end of work when I'm tired and don't feel like doing it.

When I worked out at the desert I would do my workout when I got home.  Now Brooke and I don't push anyone else in our household to workout, but Kylie would most nights when I got home.  I actually enjoyed it.  Having someone there seemed to push me harder and it's always nice to have company.

So it kind of shocked me the first day I started getting up early when Kylie said she'd get up too to workout. I told her she didn't have to, but she insisted she would.  I half expected that morning to get up and not see her, but while tying my shoes the downstairs opened and here comes Kylie.

I thought for sure after that first workout she  wouldn't do so again, but she's been very consistent about it. She's missed a couple days, but who can blame here.  Not me that's who!  Still she's here for most of them.

I was also worried that this would affect her school work, but like always she's still holding strong with straight A's and nothing but positive words from her teachers.

If anything Kylie's example is just that.  An example.  It shows me that if an 11 year old can be that dedicated then so can I.  Now on those days that I don't want to get up, it's Kylie that reminds me that I can do it, so get up and get it done.

I'm so proud of the person she is and the one she's becoming.  She shows me what I can do and makes me strive to do it.  She has so much of her mother in her that it can only make me proud of her.

Comments

  1. It's so cool that your workouts are a family affair. I can't wait until I can say to one of my kids, "Hey, want to go for a jog with me?" Without them whining. Dylan tried it once and was whining the whole time. I'm hoping he grows out of that in a couple of years. And it's also great that your kids see you making a healthy lifestyle a priority. Kylie (and all of your kids) is the greatest!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment