One Year Ago...

So last week I hit a hundred pounds in my weight loss.  It's amazing to think of since I started with half of that as my original goal.  It also made me realize that it's been only a year since I decided that I wanted to be healthier and thus skinnier.

I have a cool feature on my heart rate monitor that shows stats since I started using it.  I thought it might be fun to post those stats as a "This is how much I've done in a year." type thing.

So here we go.

Since November 9th of last year I've worked out 256 days, 4 hours and 44 seconds.

I've had 324 workout sessions.

In that time I've burned 166,882 calories.

Kinda crazy.

It amazing the transition.  It seems like everyday I see someone I haven't seen in a while and they're stunned by how I look.  It doesn't help my vanity either.  I was talking to Brooke the other day about how vain I feel. Every time I catch my reflection, whether in a window or in the mirror, I stop and stare at myself.  It's not that I think I'm this beautiful hunk of man or anything, it's I just don't recognize myself.  I like what I see.

I also find myself flexing parts of my body to see the muscles move underneath.  I've never seen that on myself before and it's fascinating.

It's also nice be able to take the stairs at work and not feel tired and winded by the top.  When I was out at the desert for work, at CFA, they have a drill tower at the fire station.  This thing is 7 stories and the top is only accessible by stairs.  I remember at my heaviest how out of breath I was by the top.  My legs were like jello.  I'd have to sit down when I got to the top and rest until my lungs stopped burning before continuing with what I'd come up there for.  Last month I got a call for the top of the drill tower.  By the top I was surprised at how easy it was.  I was a tiny bit winded, but only mildly and I wasn't tired at all.

It's things like that that make this journey well worth it.  I can jog for a full half hour without stopping and I actually love to get physical activity now.

Crazy how much change can happen in a year.

The only thing that's gotten worse is how much I hate the cold.  I can't stay warm for the life of me.  I guess I can't make fun of my mother-in-law anymore about how high her heat is.  I sympathize.


Comments

  1. A HUNDRED POUNDS??? That is incredible, Ken! A hundred pounds in one year!!! Dude, if I could just eat better, I'd have it in the bag. I love working out. It's the eating that kicks my butt. :( I need a counseling sesh with you and Brooke. And I MISS you guys! Going to a different ward today was weeeeeird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're going to miss you guys too. Not going to be the same not sitting next to Ben in Sunday School. Can't you just commute?

      Delete
  2. I didn't even get to say goodbye, Karleen! I wondered where Gage was! Ken your such a hottie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment