It's called progress and I'm kicking it's @$$!

So back in November I'd wrote a blog that documented my starting battle against my weight. (Seen here: http://laughyaboutit.blogspot.com/2012/11/battle-of-bulge.html)  I was sorely out of shape, although truth be told I was never in shape, and needed a change.  I drew a line in the sand and stated that I was going to work on my overall health and get something that I'd always dreamed of.  Muscle and the ability not to wheeze once I'd reached the top of the stairs.

Here we are 6 months later.  I'm now forty five pounds down and five pounds away from my goal.  I've gone from a size 44 pants to a size 38.  I used to buy 3XL shirts.  Now I can buy, and comfortably fit, in an XL.

Don't believe me?  Here's the proof.

The previous picture was taken at the premier of Batman Begins.  I haven't worn it again until yesterday.
 Seeing myself side by side was a shock.  I see myself everyday and didn't really see a difference as strange as that sounds.  Yeah, I saw it in other places, but I still saw the same old me in the mirror.  Needless to say this pick changes everything.

It spurred me to go through my closet.  See I used to buy shirts (Comic related of course) and they wouldn't fit me well.  They'd sit in my closet waiting for the time I'd get my butt in gear.  That time is now!

I fit in awesome stuff like this now.

This shirt was lucky to see more than one or two wears

One of my favorites and a goal to fit in.

There's so much more.  All fit me with room to spare.

I've become that person that works out everyday.  I have one rest day and it kills me not to work out that day.  I can do things I only ever wished I could do.  Push-ups.  Sit-ups.  Move for longer than 10 minutes.  It's exhilarating and exiting.  I have biceps for goodness sake!

The gun show!


I was motivated before, but now the sky's the limit.

Perfect body, here I come.

Comments

  1. Good golly Ken! That's awesome and inspiring! I just recently started my workout and healthy eating changes and I have to say the results have been slow and sometimes I've wanted to say "screw it" but not now. Not after seeing the changes you've made. Dang! Thanks for the inspiration and I hope you continue! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! Glad I could help inspire you. You can always come my way for an extra boost.

      Delete
  2. I am so proud of you!! It's not always going to be easy..but its so worth it! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool, Ken. I am one of those that go crazy when I can't work out every day. It's all about the endorphins. I feel so much better about myself when I take care of myself. And it's fun to feel stronger and more powerful. Now I just have to start eating better...that's my current battle. :) You and Brooke are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I need to start calling you Ant Man cuz you be shrinkin'! Good job, dude!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment