I Fight Dragons

First off this isn't a clever name for this blog post.

I'm not one to broadcast my musical preferences.  I've got eclectic taste and always feel kind of embarrassed  telling people what I like and what I don't.  Kind of like writing blog posts.

I'm trying to be better though.  What's the point of having a blog if you don't post stuff, right?

A couple of days ago my friend Pete (http://nixonpete.blogspot.com) tweeted about an awesome band called I Fight Dragons.  (Dig the name?  Me too.)  I didn't think much about it, until the other day when another friend, Chris (http://talesofthedeadman.blogspot.com) posted this.


It kinda struck something in me.

Any of you that read this blog or have listened to the old podcast know of my love for a band named Kirby Krackle.  They're a great nerd band that only write songs about nerdy things.  Although I Fight Dragons is different they remind me of Kirby Krackle.

This lead me to check out their Twitter and then, eventually, I made my way to their website.  I was amazed to find that you can download their album, free of charge!  I downloaded and today took a listen.  I was hooked!

There songs aren't about comics and video games like Kirby Krackle, but there music has an undertone of video game music.  It works for them.  Their tunes are kinda poppy and catchy as heck.

Don't get me wrong they have the occasional nerdy song.  Tunes like Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth and Save the World, Get the Girl are totally nerdy.  Not enough to be over saturated with it though.

I suggest if you give them a listen.  Although I might be promoting them because favorited my tweet about them.  Yeah, that's right.  I've been favorited by a celebrity.

Comments