Livin' with Spider-man

My dream has come true.

As a fan of comics theirs no greater joy than when your son shows a great interest in the things you love.  So is the case with Sam.  For months now his love of Spider-man has blossomed.  Even to the point that the thought of watching Spider-man 3 sends my wife to the corner of the room rocking and mumbling "I can't take it anymore."  As much as it's starting to get old for me as well, I just can't help but love the fact that he's showing interest in it, and comic book characters in general.

Less than a month ago Brooke and I were shopping and we found a Spider-man suit on clearance at Wal-mart and we just had to buy it.  The only thing more exciting than buying it was the anticipation of giving it to Sam.  His face lit up and he said "What is this?"  After explaining to him that we'd replaced the Spider-man suit that he'd grown out of, he was ecstatic.  He put it on....


.....and hasn't taken it off much since.  In less than a month that poor suit has been worn almost non-stop.  I can't count how many times that Brooke and I have had to tell him to take the suit off from under his clothes.  The sleeves of the suit sticking out from under his short sleeve shirt can't help to give me a chuckle though.

It seems that he doesn't need the suit to be Spider-man.  Whenever I call him by name in the store he turns to me with a scowl on his face.  "I'm not Sam!  I'm Peter Parker!"  He then proceeds to run away, hands in the web-shooter pose making a "Pssssttt" sound.

As annoying as it can sometimes be to grab him in the store and hear "Let me go, Venom!" with people giving you strange looks I love his love for Spider-man.  I love that we can sit down on a weekend and watch Spider-man cartoons till we (my wife) can't stand it anymore.

It makes me often wonder....does Mary Jane have this much fun?

Comments

  1. That is just freakin' awesome!!! As the meme usually goes "Being a Dad - you're doing it right!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...that about sums it up...and day in the life of Spider-Sam!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment