Podcasts

So recently I've been looking for something new to listen on my ipod.  My problem with adding new music is that I have no money to buy anything new and I'm not really one for pirating too much.  My obvious solution?

Podcasts.

Hey, what can I say?  They're free.  I have friends at work that listen to them, and a couple of my friends have talked about getting into them or are into them.  I decided a couple of weeks ago to check some out.  After some researching I've found 3 that I've enjoyed so far.

The Podcast of Oa


I'm a huge GL fan.  I'm sure you've got that from previous post I've written.  That aside, this is by far the best one I've listened to so far.  The two guys that run this podcast, Bill Giancoli and Myron Rumsey, really dissected the character and had a lot of useful insights about the character that I've never thought of before.  You could obviously tell that they were fans and cared about the character(s).  In the one I've listened to they reviewed Green Lantern as far as the new number 1's.  Even though I haven't read them yet they gave me a lot to look for when I do and a new perspective as well.  If you're a GL fan (and a fan of podcasts) I suggest you check it out.

I Want Wrestling


Next up I Want Wrestling.  Now I'm sure anyone who's even glanced at my blog KNOWS I'm a wrestling fan.    Heck, I have a series about wrestlers I like.  When I originally thought about listening to a podcast a wrestling one is what I wanted to start with.  Being a big fan of the site Wrestlezone I started there.  I found an article about this one and how it ranked in the top ten on itunes.  It's done by David Lagana, former creative writer for WWE.  So far I've enjoyed it.  It's not so much about what's going on in wrestling, but about certain topics that have to do with wrestling.  Thus far I've listened to an interview with former TNA star Jimmy Rave, his drug addiction, and current going-ons.  The second was an interview with Daniel Kunka, the writer of 12 rounds and about how he came up with the move, but the process of dealing with WWE films.  It's been interesting to listen to because, being a wrestling fan, I don't have to know about what's happening in wresting, but it's cool to find out about the other aspects of sports entertainment.

World's Best Podcast


Last up is World's Best Podcast.  This one I picked up because it was about comics and I just wanted to find something.  I've only listened to one thus far, but it hasn't impressed me much.  The podcast (I don't know if there's another type of slang to refer to them.  I'm new, what do you expect?)  I listened to was an interview with Tracy Roberts, the actress that play Darla on Superboy, and her experiences working on the show.  Although I found her experiences on the show kind of interesting, it just wasn't what I was hoping for on my first foray into a podcast about comics.  I'll continue to listen to it for a while to see how others go.

Thus far I've enjoyed my exploration into podcasts.  They give me something to listen to while doing the dishes or the kids have control of the t.v.  I feel a little bad that I'm not trying some more tech related podcasts, but when you deal with it all week I really don't want to spend my weekends immersing myself in it there.  I'm sure you can relate.

Comments

  1. Not gonna lie I love listening to podcast. One of my favorites is comic geek speak, you should check them out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment