Star Wars Revisited


So for the past four to five weeks my family has been making our way through the Star Wars saga. In the order it should be watched in mind you. Original Trilogy first!

Anyway, as much of a fan as I've been of Star Wars (And that's huge. I could show you my TIE fighter pilot costume if you'd like or my custom built lightsaber if that floats your boat.) it's been even more fun watching it with my daughters. The girls have always been interested in Star Wars, what with McDonald's toys, action figures, or dad's EL saber, but I think this is the first time they've watched it in earnest. Kylie's at that age where she's actually following the story and understanding events that are happening. So the reason it's so much fun is that all the spoilers we've all known for years she's realizing for the first time while watching.

The point where Luke realizes that Leia is his sister Kylie turns to me in shock and says "They're brother and sister!" I laughed my butt off. I guess I'd never realized that I've never mentioned that piece of info, having known it for years and years.

It's not just the secrets. It's also the action they've never seen before. I constantly hear sharp intakes of breathe during scenes. Or I'll look over to see Leslie with her blanket pulled up to her eyes when the Emperor has Luke reeling with his force lightning.

It makes me feel like a kid again. Watching these movies that I've enjoyed for years as if I'm watching them for the first time myself. Seeing them with a look of excitement on their faces fills me with excitement just for them to see the stuff I know is coming. The best feeling, I think, is when one of them says "Let's put in Star Wars!" when I say "What do we want to watch?" It's awesome, and it's even more enjoyable when I think about the fact that Sam is only 1 and I'll get to go through it again.

Comments

  1. it was totally cute when Sam sat down on the floor last night and watched it. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fdlt kinda the same way when I was introducing my nephews to Star Wars. Although, I'm sure it's a bit different with your own kids.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment