Boys will be girls

So I was at McDonalds yesterday waiting for Brooke to get off when a group of teenage boys walked in. Now I'm normally annoyed by teenage boys, but these struck me as extremely annoying. It wasn't just their dirty mouths in a family establishment, the fact that they thought the stupidest think were funny, it was their clothes.

All these boys were were very tight pants. I don't normally look at guys pants but these were hard to miss. They were extremely tight and pulled down below their butts. Also everyone of these "guys" pants were a bright almost florescent color. One of these "guys" even had, what I can only describe, as capri's on. They were these aforementioned tight pants that came to about mid-calf. Now correct me if I'm wrong but is that not the definition of capri pants?

Their pants were not the only thing that struck me as out of place on a guy. Several of these boys had tiny backpacks. Now I'm not talking about smaller than normal backpacks, but spaghetti strapped tiny backpacks.

Now I might be showing my age here, but when was it the style for boys to dress like this. Not to sound like I'm stereotyping, but none of these boys struck me as gay. I could actually understand if these boys were gay. I could look at them and understand, but I don't think they were. Also I don't believe they were part of this strange new group of people called Emo. None were wearing mascara or had My Chemical Romance t-shirts. I might be able to understand that as well.

I guess I just don't understand how guys could dress like this and still hope to attract the opposite sex. Unless maybe they weren't and my gay-dar is off.

Comments

  1. Were they European? That's the onyl thing I can think of that would explain it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have seen these outfits going around, and I have no idea how it can be comfortable or attractive. What is sad to me is that there are girls out there that are attracted to these types. I don't know why, but I've never been able to figure out women.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment