Home Sweet Home

So as many of you know for the past couple of months Brooke and I have been house hunting. As of yesterday we are officially homeowners!


We've heard both good things and bad things about house buying.

1. There is A LOT of papers to sign. That's all you're going to be doing for a couple of hours.

2. If it's meant to be it will all fall into place.

Both of these are definitely true. Although in my opinion the the paper signing was spaced out a couple weeks, so it didn't seem that bad. The second is so true it's scary. Once we found our house it went by like a breeze. It was so quick that people were shocked that we were signing on the day we did, and shocked them even more when it was moved up.

So yesterday we went through all the final paper signings and by 10:30 we were homeowners. We finally received our keys about 3 o'clock and went to take a look. We took our insurance agent with us. He needed to take picture of the outside of the house and the wood stove inside. The whole time I walked through the house again I was giddy. I couldn't believe that the house I was walking through was MY house. I kept giggling like a school girl.


It still blows my mind how big it is. It's on four lots of land, so we have a huge, fenced in, backyard.Which is good because being that it's on the busiest street in I.F. we have a safe place that the kids can play.

There are also a few things that can be fixed, which I look at as a good thing. I like being handy and making my stuff better. Call it the computer tech in me. We want to paint a couple of rooms and create a vent whole for our dryer. We also have to buy a new fridge, which some would say sucks, but who doesn't like shopping.

The official moving date is in a couple of weeks and it's coming too fast and can't come fast enough all in the same breath.

I always thought I'd hate the fact that I had a bill to pay off for 110,000 dollars. It's hard to be though when you're bettering your, and your family's, lot in life. I thank my heavenly father everyday for what he has blessed me with. I know I would never have what I do without him.

BBQ at my house!

Comments

  1. I am ready to help paint - and my mom wants to come as well. We are really good and have our own supplies. We work evenings, so assign us a room and let us take care of it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment