Say it with Raditude

As big of a music fan as I am when it comes down to it I'm very picky when it comes to music. I need to here (and like) quite a few songs on an album before I'll actually commit to buying it. Needless to say I own very few albums that I can actually listen to all the way through. A lot of those being "Best of" albums.



Where is this leading you might ask? Well, last week I received a copy of an album from a friend. Now, I've always liked what I've heard from the band before, but never committed to buying any of there stuff due to the fact that I haven't heard more than one or two songs off any of their albums. This album I hadn't heard anything at all. I think it was due to the fact that I hadn't paid for it that I gave it a try. I popped it into the cd player while driving around town and was blown away. Not only did I like a few songs, I liked every song!



The album? Weezer's most recent creation, Raditude.



Every song strikes a cord with me. I'm not sure if it's the mix of pop rock songs like (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To or heart wrenching songs like Put Me Back Together. I want to put it in everytime I get in the car (Much to the chagrin of my wife).



I'm not the only one either. Every time we get in the car my eight-year-old daughter ask to listen to the song that says "I was next to you and you were right there next to me." (The former of the previous two songs mentioned, if you're wondering.)



What's my point? I'm not really sure, but it's not very often I come across an album I think is this good. It's gotten to the point that I'm going to the store and buying more Weezer albums without having heard much off of them. In the last two weeks I've purchased The Blue Album and Make Believe, while also getting copies of The Green Album and Maladroit from the same afore mentioned friend. With much of the same results. Really good albums.

Comments

  1. Keep in mind that the "same afore mentioned friend" had the exact same experience with this album. It was the first Weezer album I'd ever bought and did it on a whim. Then I kept it in the car stereo for about ten times through because I just loved it so much! I too then bought 2 more Weezer albums and loved them as well. Weezeritis! Catch it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weezer rules!! I don't know how they do it, but they always manage to hit me in that spot in my brain that makes me wanna sing along and bang my head simultaniously. I can't really think of any other band I can say that about.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment