The Big Three O!

Today I left my twenties behind. I know I should probably be freaking out. I mean doesn't everybody? Now that I'm here I just can't. Why you ask? There are quite a few reasons really.

First: I've finally got a great job. No flippin' burgers. No minimum wage stock shelving jobs. I went to school to get a degree and I'm using it. Not only that I actually like it. I love learning all the new things I can from my job. I couldn't go to a job I like if I didn't take a couple of years to go through school. It was time well spent.

Second: I just bought a house. It took quite a few years to pay off my debts and build my credit. Once again a few good years well spent.

Third: (And most important) I have such a wonderful family. I've been with Brooke for 12 years (10 of those as a married couple) and I wouldn't trade those dozen years for anything. I mean how many people say they are more in love with their wife than when they first fell in love? We also have 3 beautiful kids together. Spaced apart by a few years I might add, and I'd have it no other way.

My point is this: I would rather be 30 with the life I have than be a younger, lonely, miserable man. It's not just been 30 years, but 30 wonderful happy years. I wouldn't want my life any different and I'll wear every wrinkle and gray hair to prove it.

Comments

  1. how can you tell when you get gray hair...it's shaved off! And I feel the same way. I love you so much. I hope that you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did. I spent it with the people that mattered most and all the techs from work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome, Ken. That's a really cool perspective to have.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment