Inadvertent Pyromania

So I was at work the other day and received a call from home. Now I'm never usually too concerned with that. Brooke is usually calling me to update me on house stuff.

Today was a little different though.

In a non chalant voice she says "I just thought you'd like to know that there was a fire in the kitchen." Now like any normal person, my response was "WHAT!" This exclamation caused all my co-workers to stare at me in alarm. She says "I was getting in the shower when I smelt something burning. I headed into the front room and noticed there was a lot of smoke coming from the kitchen."


Somebody had turned on the burner and there happened to be a bowl on top of it. The bowl now looks like this....









Brooke quickly jumped into action turning off the burner, pulling it off the stove and throwing it into the sink. She then grabbed the baking soda and dowsed the burner with it.






That reminds me. We need more baking soda.



Luckily the fire wasn't too big, so there was no damage. Smoke or otherwise. And most importantly no one was hurt.

Now at this point I'm sure your wondering "Who could have performed this heinous deed?"



"Could it be the eight year old?" She would be tall enough and may even have the motive to turn the oven on. She was at school though, so that rules her out as a suspect.



"The three year old is mischievous enough to possibly turn a few dials."



While I'm not ruling out that possibility, for those of you who have been to our apartment, and have been bored enough to commit the intricacies of our stove to memory, the buttons to turn on the burners are just above the door to the oven. Don't ask me what the designer of our oven was thinking.



The culprit to this crime may become clear at this point. So I only have one question to ask.



Have you seen this boy?




I'd turn him in if he wasn't so cute.

Comments

  1. He is an adorable kid. Glad everybody's ok. And welcome to the blogosphere!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is awesome!! I love the picture!! Totaly true....he is just like his sisters....totaly mischevious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment